How to clean the toilet in five minutes
Cleaning the toilet is something we all have to do and there is probably no one who likes doing this job. On this page, I have good news for you, I can teach you how to clean the toilet so it can be done in 5 minutes.
Here are some ideas in step by step format:
- Clean the toilet regularly – I would say at least once a week (depending on the amount of people in the house and how “tidy” they are).
- Use throw away tissues, normally I like to reuse clothes and be very environmentally friendly in this case however, use the cloth and dispose of it. This could be paper towel with some spray, an old rag with some spray. My preference however is opting for the antibacterial cloths which you use once and they disinfect the place.
- Put some Jif or other cream cleanser in the bowl, scrub the bowl (I like a rubber scrubber seeing it is the most hygienic, but a more standard brush works well). Scrub and let it stand for a minute.
- Make sure you have a clean brush. See it as the toothbrush of the toilet and show a little respect to this very important seat in the house
- Work from top to bottom; you can also work from outside to inside. So first top to bottom on the outside and then top to bottom in the inside. For the inside, make sure you are getting a bit closer open the lit; top layer, seat top and bottom the filthiest the part; the brim of the bowl – making sure you use enough cloths. With a bit of practise, you don’t even need to touch the bowl at all.
- Clean the floor around the bin. I am not a fan of these cloths around the toilet, to me they are a breeding ground for germs.
- Bin your cloths, this is also a great time to clean the bin next to your toilet. (I am a big fan of having a bin next to the toilet especially for the female population). You could even clean the bin out with a disinfectant cloth before closing it.
How to clean the toilet – advanced
- Whilst you are on your knees next to a clean toilet clean around the toilet and in the corners. There are often spider rags or daddy long legs living here especially if you haven’t ventured into this area of the house recently.
- Make sure you have a good bowl for your brush (you can dedicate a breakfast bowl or vase for this – and never let it leave the bathroom anymore)
- Clean the bowl, throw old water in the actual toilet bowl. Place maybe a little water and soap in the stand with the clean brush.
- If you prefer experiment with continuous cleansers either throw them in the top, around the brim or “glue” some cleaner in the bowl. This provides more continuous freshness but will not eliminate a regular clean.
- Wash your hands with disinfectant soap, just to be sure.
How to clean the toilet – completion
- Have a quick look around. Do you have enough paper? Do you have or need a new air freshener?
- Wait at least five minutes before the seat is in use again (to have a small hooray for doing this thankless job).
Well done! You now know how to clean the toilet in five minutes.
I can do this job in five minutes even on my way out of the house whilst being dressed up seeing I don’t touch anything with my hands (and wash them thoroughly just in case).
Whilst you are getting the hang of this teach your partner and children as well (seeing they also use this space). My son has known how to clean the toilet since he was five and does a good job (he doesn’t mind it and sometimes thinks it is time to do it out of his own accord). One day his future wife will be very happy.
Home > Cleaning